Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Changing your garden

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by JANICE199, May 16, 2010.

1. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Are any of you like me this time of year? Hubby and i have been in the garden and i've wanted him to move a privet bush from one place to another.I have to confess he didn't want it moved,but he has done it for me anyway.:D We've had such a giggle, what with him keep telling me i'm mental and got a screw loose.lol..The thing is,its that time of year when we are in the garden more and i see the changes i want.And me being me it has to be done now.;) Come on confess are you like this or am i alone?:D:D
    PS...hubby has said the bush looks better where it is now....like i didn't know that.lmao:lol::lol:

2. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

I need a man that will move my bush !!;)

Your,re so lucky to have one that obliges:thumbup:

1 person likes this.
  3. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Hehe I know exactly what you mean. I was in the garden the other day and decided I wanted a patio, near the back door as the dog had torn all the grass up. my OH was if it makes you happy, so I went and got the spade and dug it all out, called my friend and asked if he would pick up the hardcore and concrete... OH came out and said she thought I meant get someone in to do it :D Finished all the base now, so tile laying tomorrow :)

4. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

You have a beautifull garden Janice, I so wish I had one like it. I have to have things moved or done NOW, I am impatient and cant wait coz I know it wont get done otherwise. I have to move some of my pots out the front of the house, I want to make a raised bed out there and put some colour into the front aswell as the back, that's if they kids keep their mitts of our pots and dont pinch them.

5. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

I want to change our garden because it's a bomb site! It's not been touched for years we don't think, needs ripped out and started again.

BUT i am lazy and am waiting for OH to bring the digger home, then i can dig up the entire thing and start over :)

6. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

LMAO where's Bordie when ya need him?:lol::lol:

7. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

:lol::lol::lol:I keep trimming it back but it overgrows so quick! :lol::lol::lol:

8. bullet

bullet PetForums VIP

I've sent an S O S to Harry Potter, cos ive been waving my wand about in the garden all morning, and the bush hasn't even stirred. I must be using the wrong wand or wrong chant, " uppus and moveyourbloodyselfus":eek:

9. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

Thankyou Welshie but this i hope it looks better.The price of plants have gone up a lot this year.Oh and i'd like a pond before the end of the year.Over the years we've had 3 so far,all now filled in and plants instead.:lol::lol:

10. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

Last BH *we* (rather OH) put fencing and gates along the patio to keep the bunnies in ... Because I wanted it rather than a run....:001_cool:

Before

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Same view after

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. deb53

deb53 PetForums VIP

Lovely garden Gertrude :)

12. Gertrude

Gertrude PetForums VIP

Thank you, ALL done from scratch (years ago now tho) previous people didn't even lay grass! It was just soil and weeds....hundreds of them :eek:

13. xxwelshcrazyxx

xxwelshcrazyxx PetForums VIP

Plant have gone up big time, my hubby get a garden paper delivered every week and we get free seeds on every paper. They have alot of good deals in there too, where you only pay the post and package (£3.99) and you get 5 up to 7 plants free. I had 5 rose bushes for the price of the p/p. They are shooting at the moment, not sure if I will get the roses this year or maybe next year.
    Live For Gardening - liveforgardening we had it ordered off the net and only pay £1 for the paper to be delivered. Its a really good paper with loads of tips and tricks for the gardener. But the main thing is the bargins of plants and shrubs you can get free.

If you want to order the paper for the free plants then go to.... www.gardeningmags.co.uk/gn £13 per quarter.

#13 xxwelshcrazyxx, May 16, 2010
    Last edited: May 16, 2010
  14. shutterspeed

shutterspeed PetForums Senior

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, I'm forever changing!!!
    I was wondering just half an hour ago, when will I sit and enjoy my garden instead of running around to change things. But I guess it's a way of life!!
    Just took some pics too, and feel so ashamed sharing them as nothing is really finished:eek: and bits and pieces are everywhere.

15. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

Can't be as bad as mine, bits of splashed concrete everwhere, and a bare base. I hate having it unfinished though. I know what you mean by always wanting to tweak something :D

16. lifeizsweet

lifeizsweet PetForums VIP

If only you lived near me, OH's mum and grandparents run a garden centre :)

17. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

We always seem to be making changes. This year we have taken away the decking outside the conservatory and gravelled it. Now we just have one decked area which you can only get to via a little bridge over the fishpond (I love that).

Going to buy a couple of wisteria plants and an arch and have that over the bridge for next year. Saw one at our garden centre and fell in love with it.

Our aviary could do with a bit of a make over but dont want to disturb the birds too much now they are nesting. I say that every year and lose the urge by the autumn :eek:

18. JANICE199

JANICE199 PetForums VIP

I worked in a nursery for 4 1/2 years a few years ago.I wish i still did it part time.:rolleyes::lol: lol

19. borderer

borderer Guest

on me way:thumbup::arf::arf::arf::001_wub::001_wub::yesnod:

20. sequeena

sequeena PetForums VIP

As long as it's strimmed I don't care. The garden is for the dogs not for me :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice