Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Changing puppy to adult food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by laineyvee13, Apr 5, 2011.

1. laineyvee13

laineyvee13 PetForums Member

Hi all,

Rascal now 28 weeks old (springer / cocker x) and is thriving on Orijen puppy but nearly reaching the end of the current bag. We will be sticking with this one but is it OK to change him over to the adult version in a week or so?

Thank you!

2. SixStar

SixStar Banned

Will be absolutely fine, there's very little difference between puppy and adult foods anyway.

3. laineyvee13

laineyvee13 PetForums Member

Thanks for the quick reply - we kinda thought this but just wanted reassurance I guess

4. bird

bird PetForums VIP

So we're looking at roughly 6mths old. As a smaller dog you should be fine changing over to the adult food now, although there is more nutrients in the puppy food that helps them grow and develop (alledgedly). As you've been feeding a very good food, I'd say you were fine to change over to the adult. ;)

5. I did try to keep mine on puppy food for as long as possible - but if I recall rigt she went off it at about 8 months (large breed) seriously though when you read the ingredients there really is not that much difference - and many folk have never even heard of puppy food - Cant see that you will cause any problems with taking her off now. ATBH dont know if I would ever bother with the specific puppy food again.

6. ian1969uk

ian1969uk PetForums Member

Switched our two at about 7 months, they are better on the adult food than they were on the puppy food.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice