Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

changing puppy food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by emily.johnson, May 26, 2010.

1. emily.johnson

emily.johnson PetForums Newbie

Hi there.

I have a rotty x itialian mastiff pup, yeah i know big boy huh ?
    and at the minute he is on Arden Grange Puppy Food which the person i bought him from was feeding him, and he just turns his nose up at it and picks at it. i wanted to get something he's going to enjoy eating. I dont think it's right that a puppy's not hunrgy.

I popped into my local pet shop and spoke to them and they said that i should get barking heads puppy - chicken and salmon. I didnt expext them to reccomend them one with fish in it!!

But i just wanted to know weather or not anyone had tried it and what they thought of it.. ?? i havnt bought it yet because im going to use up what we've got first as he is still eating it he's just not that keen on it.
    Anyway any help would be fab :) thanks

Emily

2. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

How old is he? is it the Large breed puppy food?

does he have access to it all day or do you take it up if he doesnt eat it?

zeb was on arden grange puppy and he went through a turning his nose up at 4-5months old ish, so we started picking it up after 20mins then putting it back down at his tea time. We were also naughty and add some raw veggies/gravy/fish e.t.c to add some flavour to it.

Havnt used barking heads, but i still do use arden grange but the adult one now :D

Oh and any pics? i bet hes gorgeous!X

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice