UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone has read my other threads, you'd know that I've been having trouble with Lexi being picky with her food. I've been looking into other options and I've decided to change her onto wainwrights trays.

I was sooo sick of naturediet. It was.... getting smelly. I liked it when I first got it but recently I've noticed it just... stinking real bad. No wonder Lexi doesn't like it anymore. So I bought a couple wainwrights trays (turkey ones) to try her on and she seems to LOVE it. Get's really excited when she sees you touch the tray. It also smells much better, like corned beef or something. Not bad.

Also you have to feed them less so the tray lasts longer and also it's cheaper.
So it was a higher quality food for less money... it was a no brainer.

Anyway thanks for all the feedback I've had in the other threads. Lexi seems to be enjoying her food much more on wainwrights and is back to eating out of her bowl instead of off a plate too!
Thanks again :)

·
Registered
13,034 Posts
That's great to hear:D I'm glad you've found something she is happy with.

The only thing I would say is to keep an eye on her weight, or if she gets a bit hungry. Lots of us have found that WW tray RDA is a bit stingy and feed the same amount as ND etc. [email protected] say less is recommended because it's more concentrated. I think perhaps down to the high fibre content. If it fills Lexi up, then great but there is a chance it may not.

I'm not criticising WW trays. I use them regularly and also rely on them for sorting upset tums. :D:D

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's great to hear:D I'm glad you've found something she is happy with.

The only thing I would say is to keep an eye on her weight, or if she gets a bit hungry. Lots of us have found that WW tray RDA is a bit stingy and feed the same amount as ND etc. [email protected] say less is recommended because it's more concentrated. I think perhaps down to the high fibre content. If it fills Lexi up, then great but there is a chance it may not.

I'm not criticising WW trays. I use them regularly and also rely on them for sorting upset tums. :D:D
For a 5kg - 12kg small dog it recommends 1/4 - 1/3 of the tray daily, so we are feeding her a 1/3 since we feed her in 2 meals and an 1/8 didn't look enough. Just gonna keep an eye on her weight. Either way it's better food right now for her. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.