Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Changing food from Kibble to Ziwipeak?

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by bobbyw, Apr 8, 2011.

1. bobbyw

bobbyw PetForums Senior

Hi everyone

I am looking to change my dog from Fish4dogs to Ziwipeak, but does anyone know how I go about this? I assume I do it gradually rather than just switch? Does anyone know whether they are digested differently i.e. should one be fed well before the other?

Very confused, I'm sure I must be making it more difficult than it is.

Thank you

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

I feed Ziwipeak :thumbup: Changed from WW about a month ago. I just did the usual mix a bit more every day for a week. As far as I know there isn't an issue with digesting differently, and I feed it mixed with wet food (as do a lot of other people) and it seems fine.

3. bobbyw

bobbyw PetForums Senior

Oh brill, I was just planning on using it alone rather than mixed with anything once I have switched him - do you think that will be okay?

4. Mum2Heidi

Mum2Heidi PetForums VIP

It's a complete feed and so should be fine fed on it's own. Probably beneficial to add a bit of water to it but you dont have to. Loads feed 100% dry with no problems but I'm afraid I'm a wet food addict after lots of problems with kibble and would always advise using a bit of wet as well.:D

5. Sparkle

Sparkle PetForums Senior

Ziwi is a dehydrated raw so does digest at different rates to kibbles (same as raw) you can try doing it slowly or do cold turkey and possibly deal with a few loose stools!!

Both their dry and wet are amazing foods I'm a raw feeder but will use ziwi once in a while if mornings out the freezer or were in a rush! It's fantastic I'm sureyou will notice huge changes!! Size of stools being one thing lol

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice