Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

change of routine

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by rachel57, Aug 11, 2009.

1. rachel57

rachel57 PetForums Junior

As it's the school holidays our routine(family) is is diffrent .come september our routine will change again for instance ,the time we wake up ,leave for school and come back . Im getting up to feed him at 6am now, would i be able to feed him say about 7- 7.30 ? He is 8 weeks old and eating 4 times per day should i start doing this now .we are feeding at 6am,10am,2pm and 6pm .the reason i ask is that when we come down at 6 am he's ready for his food but as i say our routine changes we would normally be getting up round about 7 .would this also mean his other feeding times would have to change too ... ? or if you have any suggestions of your own which could be of any use that would be great !:)

2. LostGirl

LostGirl PetForums VIP

over the next few weeks just move the time forward a bit so today 6am tomorrow 6:10-15am and so on till hes at 7-7:30 ish he should be fine then.xx

3. Jazzy

Jazzy PetForums VIP

Our puppy is 17 weeks old and for the last week or so has been completely refusing her breakfast - she used to wake up at 6.45 am for it but now my daughter (whose room she sleeps in at night) just gets up and takes her out for a wee and then they both go back to bed again. So we are just feeding her twice a day now and she seems happy with this. You will probably find the same with your puppy as he gets older.:)

4. lerbo

lerbo PetForums Junior

I found my puppy when he was that young liked his routine feeds (they were similar to yours) but as he got older he was happy to go out for wee and poo and either go back to sleep or play for a bit til I was ready to feed him!
    I am sure he will wait an hour with no problems, you will soon see him be less interested in so many meals in a few months time, go with the flow then.

You could prepare him for later feeds by gradually leaving it a bit lnger each day....but I'm sure he will wait with no fuss. Relax and enjoy him, dont' worry too much.

Happy times ahead
    x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice