Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

change in kittens pooh?

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by donna81, Aug 19, 2009.

1. donna81

donna81 PetForums Member

I started weaning the kittens just over a week ago and today some of them have had a change in their pooh, i wouldnt say they've got the runs but its not as solid as it was. Ive been worming them every 2 weeks and ive been feeding them in a morning and at tea time. Apart from the slightly runny pooh they seem fine in themselves, playful and energetic and in to everything! Could it just be down to the change from mums milk to proper food? im not too concerned at the min as they are all playfull and eating fine, i just thought i better check x

Also one problem we have started experiencing is a few of the kittens have occasionally poohed on the sofa :nono: (at night i have the kittens in a large crate but during the day when im in, they are running free in the front room as it seems a bit unfair for them to be the crate the whole time) The majority of time the kittens do really well and go to the toilet in the litter tray or on the newspaper that the tray is sat on.
    I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced any similar problems?

2. deedeedee

deedeedee PetForums Senior

Ours had 'soft' poo for about 2 weeks:eek: after I last wormed them which I did about 3 weeks ago - they are fine now (13 weeks old) I thought the 'soft' poo satge would never end but it did:D

D xx

3. Faerie Queene

Faerie Queene PetForums Member

Here's a question for you (I've been thinking about this for about a week and now I need an answer!)
    I can understand that if a cat goes outside, it has a greater chance of having worms, and also if it has fleas.
    And, possibly if it is fed on raw food. (I remember having to worm my Lurcher after she ate a WHOLE rabbit.) :eek:
    So, what would be the case if ....
    a) the cat was an indoor cat and never ate raw? or
    b) the cat was an indoor cat and did eat raw? or
    c) what if it was penned outdoors?
    These questions have really been prompted by the worming of kittens and their subsequent loose stools.
    Do breeders automatically worm their kittens, whether they see worms or not?
    I so hope someone can answer this for me, coz my tiny little head is all a-buzzing!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice