Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Change in behaviour

Discussion in 'Dog Training and Behaviour' started by mcparlston, Sep 4, 2013.

1. mcparlston

mcparlston PetForums Member

Hello everyone, I was just after some advice. It's not a major problem but recently my collie has changed in his behaviour. He was absolutely obsessed with playing frisbee but in the last week he has suddenly become not interested in it. He still wants to play ball in the house, but when we are out at the park. He just picks the frisbee up and runs off with it. As I said this is not a big problem but I just wondered why he had gone from absolute obsession to not that interested. He is 14 months old, un neutered.

2. Twiggy

Twiggy PetForums VIP

At 14 mths old and un-neutered, he probably has more exciting things on his mind - girls...LOL

3. mcparlston

mcparlston PetForums Member

Well that's the thing, he's not even interested in girls..... Perhaps this is the transition period?!?

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

Maybe try upping your game if all he has played before is mainly Frisbee. Try different toys and balls, tug games when out, calling him and running in the opposite direction getting to chase you and round you up. Hiding behind things and calling and treating when he finds you. Maybe doing some training when out, and working on recall again, calling him back periodically and rewarding him with different games and food rewards inbetween. Just maybe some different things of mental and physical stimulation will regain interest and keep him more focused.

#4 Sled dog hotel, Sep 5, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 5, 2013
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice