Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chance - flying to Oz...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Chance, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

Anyone any experience of shipping you dog abroad?

We fly on September 2nd and since Chance broke her leg, she was not looking like coming with us. However, we have finally found a foster carer for Chance and she we join us whenever she is declared fit to travel. This is likely to be October time.

I'm now looking at all the different companies and wondered if anyone has any thoughts, recommendations, or companies to avoid?

Many thanks

2. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

We just did this but to New Zealand. We used JCS livestock they were brilliant sorted out all the paperwork and if Oz is anything like NZ there will be a lot. They provide the crate for her to travel in make sure she's used to it and calm and happy in there. What breed is Chance?

3. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

Thanks Nicky09 - She was crate trained as a pup (although she doesn't need it now) and was always fine with it. The journey is never going to be easy but I'm hoping she will cope OK. I'll have a google and see if i can find you JCS company.

Chance is a Rescue (12 months tomorrow since she joined us!) and we got her about 9 weeks old. The best guess is Lab x collie x whippet x spaniel x anything else that people suggest!

She is like a small skinney black lab with a white chest.

4. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Ok because airlines don't like flying some breeds like bulldogs and pugs but she'll be fine.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice