Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chance and her fosterers...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Chance, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

Her broken leg saga is almost over - and hopefully she gets the final sign off from the vet tomorrow! She is still quite fragile and needs to be kept calm whilst the broken bone fully grows and the muscle returns.

I am still not happy that she is fit enough to make the long journey to Australia with us. We've decided to delay her departure and she will join us about a month later. A lovely lady from the local rescue centre has taken our case and given 100% commitment to finding a suitable home, for the month when we've gone.

The first meeting with the foster family was last Monday and to say it was a disaster is unfair on disasters!!! They already had 2 dogs who were absolutely mental and although lovely dogs were just far too boisterous for Chance in her fragile state. She was terrified and would not leave my feet.

We left feeling very down as we'd been talking for nearly three weeks and building up to her first meeting. Anyway, we've found another family and took her over last week. She absolutely loved it there and spent the first 15 minutes doing laps of their huge garden!

We took her again last night for her first 'over-night' there and I left her just as they gave Chance her tea. No fuss and she apparently didn't moan at all even when she looked around and saw I'd gone! She then settled down for the night as per usual and went to sleep in her bed.

I collected her this morning, and although she bounded out the door to greet me, she quickly ran back into the house as if to say "Hey everyone, come and look who is here!"

Planning a couple more over nights before she move in with them in a couple of weeks. I feel very happy knowing she'll be well looked after and happy there. Sorry for the long post, but we've had such an awful 4 months I thought I'd share a bit of happy news!

Cheers

2. PoisonGirl

PoisonGirl Banned

That's great I am glad you havae found a foster family you and Chance are comfortable with!
    I hope she is soon ready for the journey to your new home :)
    Sounds like she will be happy while she recovers fully which is great and you won't worry (as much :) )

xx

3. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I'm glad she's getting better and hopefully its not too long before she gets to fly out to Australia.

4. rona

rona Guest

That's great, it must be a weight off your mind that she seems so happy with them

5. dobermummy

dobermummy Banned

Thats brilliant news. It will make leaving her here for the extra month alot easier on you.

6. Badger's Mum

Badger's Mum PetForums VIP

Oh that's really good news isn;t it:D

7. HighlandQuine

HighlandQuine PetForums Senior

So happy to hear your news!

That's brilliant! :):)

8. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

Thanks guys - I do love this forum as you always get loads of encouraging and positive replies. Many thanks.

Now I'm not sure if she was up partying with her foster family last night but she seems really tired tonight!!!

9. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

Has she had the gazillion health tests they require to let them into Australia? I think they're similar to NZ and my dogs now hate the mere sight of a vet surgery.

10. Chance

Chance PetForums Senior

Not too bad TBH. She has to have a blood test and prove she has had her normal vaccinations. Other than that there is nothing else.

11. Nicky09

Nicky09 PetForums VIP

I think theres more closer to the time you're flying out in the couple of weeks before theres parasite tests and then a final check to make sure they're fit to fly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice