Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Champion status on gccf slip

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by kelzcats, Aug 18, 2019.

1. kelzcats

kelzcats PetForums Member

Hi Everyone I'm looking at purchasing a cat of a lady the lady has said he is a champion, would it show the title Ch on his gccf slip. The lady said he was run up before she purchased him. I thought it would show his status on her gccf slip am I correct?

2. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

No. If by slip you mean his GCCF registration document, these are produced by GCCF at the time the litter is registered with them - usually as small kittens.

You can email GCCF to ask if you have his registered name and registration number.

3. kelzcats

kelzcats PetForums Member

Not sure I'm explaining myself right.
    A lady is selling an active boy and states he is a champion, should it state on his gccf slip that he is a champion. He was run up before she purchased him therefore when she transferred him to her name should it state this on his gccf card. On my breeding cats gccf slip it always shows if the parents are Gr ch or ch ect on there cards?
    Basically how can I tell if a cat is a champion?

4. OrientalSlave

OrientalSlave Shunra Oriental Cats

Check with the gccf office

5. Rufus15

Rufus15 ~ Orrono Maine Coons ~

Edited due to re-reading.

Yes contact the office to confirm his title as it should have been on his card when she transferred him.

I agree with gskinner's post below, he's being moved from pillar to post when he should be placed in happy retirement.

#5 Rufus15, Aug 18, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
  6. gskinner123

gskinner123 PetForums VIP

Sorry, I see what you mean now. I would do as Oriental slave suggests and check with GCCF office.

Including his breeding home, yours will be his third or fourth home and I hope his last. I'm well aware I'm speaking out of turn but it deeply upsets me to see breeding cats go from pillar to post.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice