Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Chameleon skin help!

Discussion in 'Lizards' started by JC8998, Jun 27, 2018.

1. JC8998

JC8998 PetForums Newbie

Hello, does any one know what is wrong with my Chameleon’s skin? He’s grown a lump on his back, which is sore to touch. He’s eating and drinking as normal. Trying to find a local vet which will be able to help. His lights have been recently changed and he’s home is cleaned regularly.

Attached Files:

2. Bunnyloop

Bunnyloop PetForums Newbie

It looks like a female to me but I only have a Yemen so you know... Maybe an insect bit it and some dirt got in?

3. Bunnyloop

Bunnyloop PetForums Newbie

Also how old is it? Maybe it is a sign if old age? I also thought that it is just old skin on a scratch?
    Consulting a vet would probably be a good idea anyway...

4. JC8998

JC8998 PetForums Newbie

He’s deffo a Male Panther Chameleon & he’s nearly 3 years old :) We’ve been to the vets and it’s a skin infection, he’s currently on a course of antibiotics. He also had an operation to remove the lumps on Thursday, they have been sent off for a biopsy to see if they are anything dangerous.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice