Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Chadwick is growling and hissing at rue

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Chaddycat, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Chaddycat

Chaddycat PetForums Senior

Chadwick is such a patient cat. Normally he just walks away when he's had enough of Rue. But Rue can be very persistent. So now Chadwick is hissing and growling. Obviously I distract Rue when I can but I'm worried it will turn into them disliking each other. What do I do when I'm at work or in bed?

2. Chaddycat

Can anyone help? Its been a about 2 weeks since I posted this and still the same. If anything i feel Chadwick has got into the habit of growling. Sometimes he will walk away into another room. Other times he will growl and hiss but not move. X

3. Summercat

Summercat PetForums VIP

Hi,
    Does Chadwick have places he can go to get away from Rue, that Rue cannot reach?
    Maybe a bed on a shelf or or somewhere Rue cannot jump to.
    I would try to make him a comfy spot somewhere Rueless and maybe add a bit of calming spray in his special spot. Beaphar do a nice calming spray for cats.

Kittens often can be too energetic for adult cats.

4. Chaddycat

Rue can jump much high higher than Chadwick. To be honest Rue is normally wherever I am and Chadwick can disappear to another room. But he is a very lazy cat. Sometimes he will dart out. Other just sit in the same spot growling at him. I got 2 diffusers. Imight try the friends one x

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice