Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cgc award

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by davehyde, May 4, 2010.

1. davehyde

davehyde Banned

the mutt is ready for his bronze cgc award. trainer reckons he will walk it.

he done a mock test tonight and flew through it.

it's his distance recall that is his only problem. tried all the things i have read and still he chooses to blank me.

he knows i am calling him but refuses to listen until it suits him, or he gets chased by cows:lol::lol: i still laugh at the look on his face when it happened.

2. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

You'll walk it. Distance control is limited to a very basic recall in the club environs.

Just make sure you've read up on all the questions you might have to answer! That was the most nerve-wracking bit! (Especially as just after passing Bronze my dog took Silver straight afterwards - and passed).

3. davehyde

davehyde Banned

thnks, his test recall is no problem. i mean when out in the fields and stuff. he responds better to the whistle when out but divvy here keeps forgetting it.

i can never seem to be more interesting than a pile of summat stinky lol.

4. EmCHammer

EmCHammer PetForums VIP

U can use the whistle can't you, sure I did - good luck.

5. Nicky10

Nicky10 PetForums VIP

You'll be fine good luck

6. MerlinsMum

MerlinsMum PetForums VIP

Some clubs seem focussed on getting you through the tests without explaining how you should use those skills outside. Dogs learn great in the hall but go to pot in the park.

As your dog has done well in gundog conformation classes, go for gundog training which is out in the field.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice