UK Pet Forums Forum banner
481 - 500 of 610 Posts
Today I received this pic of Merlot, a cinnamon boy I bred, who is celebrating his 16th birthday. Well done Merlot and his owners.
View attachment 365863

His sire was a grand champion classic tabby so he has all the markings although he is not a tabby. (Note the very moderate type which I think is one reason so many of my cats live long lives.)
Happy birthday Merlot! He's gorgeous and such a lovely colour.

We're thinking of adding another Oriental to our home, I'm not sure if breeders would be ok with letting a kitten going to a home with a toddler (he is ever so gentle with the cats though) so we may have to wait a couple of years!

Discussion starter · #482 ·
Happy birthday Merlot! He's gorgeous and such a lovely colour.
We're thinking of adding another Oriental to our home, I'm not sure if breeders would be ok with letting a kitten going to a home with a toddler (he is ever so gentle with the cats though) so we may have to wait a couple of years!
Some breeders have a family so those kittens come already used to children.

I remember a black boy in my first ever litter born 1990. He went to a couple who had just heard they could not have children. It was almost a miracle because, in a relatively short time, she was pregnant and Othello was like a big brother to her little girl. They were inseparable.

Some breeders have a family so those kittens come already used to children.

I remember a black boy in my first ever litter born 1990. He went to a couple who had just heard they could not have children. It was almost a miracle because, in a relatively short time, she was pregnant and Othello was like a big brother to her little girl. They were inseparable.
That's so sweet, hopefully I can find a breeder with kittens used to young children.

This might sound a bit daft, but I don't know what the etiquette is when contacting breeders. I know they usually have waiting lists, but we wanted to wait until ideally next spring at the earliest before getting a kitten, would it be odd to email them now even though we wanted to wait until next year?

Discussion starter · #485 ·
That's so sweet, hopefully I can find a breeder with kittens used to young children.
This might sound a bit daft, but I don't know what the etiquette is when contacting breeders. I know they usually have waiting lists, but we wanted to wait until ideally next spring at the earliest before getting a kitten, would it be odd to email them now even though we wanted to wait until next year?
I don't really know any breeders who have waiting lists. How does anybody know what, if any, kittens they are likely to have? When I was breeding, people occasionally visited just to see my cats and learn about Orientals before taking the plunge so I cannot see any harm in contacting breeders in advance. It gives both sides a chance to check each other out!

Do be careful to ask about testing for PRA and try to find out if there are any of the common problems in the line. (Mediastinal Lymphoma, Amyloidosis and early renal failure are all conditions suspected of having a genetic component but not yet proven.)

Show day and I'm absolutely shattered!! I'll keep this quick.

Results -

Harley (GrPr Hemlock Harley Quinn)

1x Imperial Certificate
1x Reserve Imperial Certificate
Nothing else - I did not enter her in any side classes and another Hemlock got Best of breed as predicted.

Green Pet supply Mechanical fan Machine Metal
Pet supply Purple Rectangle Mesh Dog crate

Eagle eyes may realise there's two reserve Certs on the pen here they had to swap one.
Cat Felidae Carnivore Comfort Small to medium-sized cats

Vinnie (Hemlock Jiggery-Pokery)

1st place & Best of breed in both shows.
Best of variety & best in show Oriental Kitten in the Siamese Cat Club.

Product Font Fashion design Art Electric blue
Event Science Chair Podium Recreation
Table Office equipment Chair Desk Engineering

Some other orientals ..

Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Window

Grand champion and grand premier Hemlock Smooth Operator - Vinnies Uncle And also won Best in Show overall at th Siamese Cat Club.

Cat Eye Window Felidae Carnivore

Grand Champion Hemlock The Outlaw

Cat Vertebrate Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats
Cat Vertebrate Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats

Hemlock puttin-on-the-glitz - Harley's half sister.
Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Whiskers

Hemlock don't mess wiv ma tutu - Vinnies half sister

Fab day today in Crewe, Vinnie had another red card day at the Havana & Lilac Show.
His full sister was there too which was nice to see her and his Uncle Smooch was there again too.

He won Best in Show AOC (any other colour) Oriental Kitten. It was a very close call and the BIS was struggling to decide but his Uncle smooch took BIS AOC Overall which I'm super pleased for him as he was made upto Imperial uncle Smooch today.

Waiting for judging.
Cat Comfort Felidae Carnivore Jaw

Black holes.
Dog Vertebrate Dog breed Carnivore Comfort

I will fit in this tiny bed.
Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Textile

Full sister.
Dog supply Dog Pet supply Mesh Fawn

Sister and Bro.

Uncle Smooch
Green Automotive design Machine Leisure Event

Vinnie & Uncle Smooch
Cat Felidae Carnivore Whiskers Small to medium-sized cats
Fashion Textile Fence Leisure Fun

His empty red card day pen.

481 - 500 of 610 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.