UK Pet Forums Forum banner

Celebrating Orientals

35K views 609 replies 61 participants last post by  OrientalSlave 
#1 ·
I have been asked to post more pics of my cats so I thought it might be a good idea to show people what lovely cats Orientals are with so many different colours and patterns.
First here is a pic of my old lady Abs just before her 17th birthday. She is Havana, a chocolate colour.
Cat Carnivore Felidae Whiskers Computer keyboard

See less See more
#319 ·
The Oriental colours that have been my obsession for the last 25+ years are cinnamon and fawn.
First here is a pic of a cinnamon, my Bess as a kitten
View attachment 268597 View attachment 268598

and now her mother my Wibbi who is fawn
They are all beautiful, but I'm especially in love with Wibbi, what a stunning colour. We were thinking about getting an oriental about a month back, as we researched the breed and fell in love. We were going to contact someone in Scotland but it was all put on hold as we thought we were taking in a wee black moggie, but we managed to get the wee fella a forever home. So we are back to seriously considering an Oriental. It's just we want to do it right and get from a reputable breeder in Scotland.

#10 ·
Stunning cats, all of them just stunning :)

I know Missy is a moggy, she is perfect just the way she is and I have no interest in finding out her parentage even if I could, but I can see some Oriental in her from certain angles. Well, definitely more Oriental than Maine Coon :D

Reactions: QOTN
#13 ·
I sometimes wonder if the three who are 'different' (lilac, Havana and black) know they are not the same as my three cinnamons, my old cinnamon Siamese, three fawns plus my youngest who is a fawn tortie. I am trying to find a good pic of her which does not show her eyes since we used to call her 'the girl with the golden eyes.' I have gradually got used to the fact they are not green.

#20 ·
I love this thread! Thank you @QOTN for being persuaded :) I don't think I would ever get any work done if they lived with me they are all so, so lovely.
Look at the shine on Max's coat, he looks amazing @OrientalSlave

#21 ·
Wow, you're cats are stunning @QOTN :D, thank you for sharing them with us. I love the one of Abs, what a stately old lady :Happy

Reactions: QOTN
#34 ·
I bought my foundation queen in 1988 with the intention of breeding blues among other dilute colours. Best laid plans......... There were so few studs able to produce dilutes at that time, I bred blue tabbies and torties but no self blue until 1995 when Oz popped up in one litter and Bluthna was born in 1997. These snaps have not scanned well but here is Oz as a funny worried little kitten, then all grown up and then Bluthna. I have no pic of her as an adult.
Cat Eye Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats

Cat Felidae Carnivore Small to medium-sized cats Grey

Cat Carnivore Grey Felidae Sculpture

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.