Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cavalier puppy wanted

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by rose, Oct 30, 2012.

1. rose

rose PetForums VIP

My son and daugher in law are wanting to buy a ruby bitch puppy. I have always had cavaliers and have instilled in them the importance of buying from health checked parents. We are in oxford but can travel. Does anyone know of any ready in the next couple of months, thanks! (not sure if this is in the right place!)

2. rona

rona Still missing my boys

3. rose

rose PetForums VIP

Hi we have looked at the kennel club and champdogs, I have emailed a couple as a lot dont say what colour they have! I have always had blenheims and tri's
    so they fancy something different - just to make me jealous!!

4. Sled dog hotel

Sled dog hotel PetForums VIP

A really good website is Cavalier Matters for pet Folk, Full of advice for owners and prospective owners of CKCs and well worth reading throughly before looking for a breeder.
    The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel | Cavalier Matters: A Guide To Health, Care and Buying of Cavaliers

Here is also Assured breeders for CKCs
    Kennel Club Assured Breeders for Cavalier King Charles Spaniel

Under the Assured Breeders scheme Requirements for the CKC is current annual eye tests certificates.

The following though are only a reccomendation and there is no checks on assured breeders that they carry out the following tests, but as you will see from the Cavalier Matters the following are big problems in the Cavalier health wise, so safer to find a breeder who does carry them out.

1) Breed Club - Heart Testing (Mitral Valve Displaysia)

2) BVA/KC CM/SM Syringomyelia Test.
    http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/download/1100/abshealthreqs.pdf

Further and more informative on Cavalier Breed Health on this website
    Cavalier King Charles Spaniel – Dog Breed Health

The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Breed club
    The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club - Front Page

Although the Cavalier King Charles American Breed Club the American Breed clubs are usually a good source of information as well.
    Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club - USA - Inc.

Cavaliers have many health Problems, personally I would familiarise yourself with all the relevant problems and the tests available prior to breeding and select breeders who do all the health tests they possibly can before breeding.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice