Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cavalier House Training

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by andyt32, May 10, 2010.

1. andyt32

andyt32 PetForums Newbie

Hi - looking for some cast iron help and hints with my Cavalier King Charles please.....................

He is Just over 6 months old - I got him when he was 18 weeks old, the breeder had made no real effort to house train him!

I have been using puppy pads which do work but I'm having real trouble in a couple of areas:-

1) He'll play happily in the garden then come inside and pee in the kitchen

2) We'll play with his toys, he'll run around - i'll take him out, he won't pee - he'll come back in and pee on the sofa for example

I have a crate for him, to sleep in at night, but have been leaving the door open and a puppy pad down........on the couple of occasions I have closed the door he has pee'd im his bed (so much for them not peeing in their bed!)

During the working week I am at work and have a Puppy walker - they come in every morning - feed him, let him out and play with him for 30 minutes. In the afternoon they come back and walk him

Please can anybody give me any tips as I am at the end of my tether trying to get him house trained!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice