Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Cavachon wont eat her food

Discussion in 'Dog Health and Nutrition' started by Shirley Timms, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Shirley Timms

Shirley Timms PetForums Newbie

My Cavachon is 2 years old and has suddenly become very fussy about her food I buy Bakers for her and different sachets of wet food to mix in but she turns her nose up and walks off lol - Any good advice welcome

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

You are more likely to get help in the dog forum

3. Blitz

Blitz PetForums VIP

Bakers is very palatable but not a very good food. It might be a good opportunity to change to something of better quality. Is she underweight, is her health ok, have you had her teeth and mouth checked by the vet to make sure there is no physical reason. Assuming she is just being fussy I would leave the food down for 10 minutes or so and then pick it up and try her again next meal time. If the food will stay fresh in the fridge use the same food, if not then throw it away and make it up fresh for the next meal. She is unlikely to starve herself if there is no health reason for refusing to eat.

4. sjn88

sjn88 PetForums Junior

Bakers isn't a great food to be feeding tbh. I currently feed my dog Harrington's its not the best out there but she is a fessy dog I was feeding canagan which has a high meat content but she would eat it. 2 days went by still wouldn't so we switched x hope you find a food she likes

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice