Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cattery advice

Discussion in 'Cat Breeding' started by sutty, May 31, 2010.

1. sutty

sutty PetForums Newbie

hello there ,
    im looking to build a cattery to suit my 3 cats in my garden,
    anyone got any information on building one like any plans materials or is it easier to buy

2. purrlover

purrlover PetForums Senior

my hubby did ours ..it measured 10.5 met x 6 met and can easily take 3 cats ( i have 3 that use mine) we used 2 by 1 and half wood, plus galvanized half inch square 19 gauze (my hubby just told me that i have no idea!):) it cost us about 200 quid hope that helps if you search for cat runs on here i did put some pics up ages ago
    julie x

3. deedeedee

deedeedee PetForums Senior

We have built a run ourselves but we are now looking to buy proper pens now too - think we are going to go with Grange pet centre. (google it:))

D xx

4. lizward

lizward PetForums VIP

Here are mine. One came from Grange (the middle one here - it's the Severn suite with safety porch)

cat pen block 2.jpg

Another has the house from Grange but the run was built by my neighbour (who also did some repairs to the house)

three cat pens.jpg

This one is rubbish, take my advice and never ever get one like this, you can't see where the cats are before you open the door. Also it's only 5ft high. Absolutely hopeless and I hardly ever use it.

small cat pen.jpg

The one on the left here was built by my neighbour except for the house part which is an old dog kennel

cat pen block.jpg

and this is the most recent addition, basically, it's a large (approx 11ft 6in x 8ft 6in) outdoor play pen with makeshift houses, ideal for day use. Needs a much better house to make it suitable for permanent use but it's OK for the summer.

large cat pen.jpg

Liz

5. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Ours came 2nd hand. It was used for birds or a dog or something.

The enclosure is like a small shed, with shelves and a window I am useless with sizes then we have the enclosed run added on but it feels too small so we are adding on an extension much like the one is Lizs last picture.

You can get them or something like them on Ebay, It's a 6x6 mesh run, so then we will have house, then the enclosed (sheltered) run, then non sheltered run, which will have a lockable cat-flap so the girls can go out too but not be with the boy when they are in heat....well that's the plan.

I like the Grange pets ones too. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice