Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

catter litter

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper, Apr 11, 2011.

1. Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper

Sergeant.Floyd.Pepper PetForums Member

simple question - which one is the best? :)

2. happypurr

happypurr PetForums Newbie

I've found world's best cat litter to be the best,quite expensive to buy but in the long run it works out no more than the others.

3. crumbles

crumbles PetForums Junior

'cats best litter' is also really good - again, not the cheapest, but it lasts longer, so therefore works out pretty good & we have 2 cats using it. Down side is, we can only seem to get it from 'Pets at Home'

4. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

The only litter we ever used is Cat's Best Oko Plus and we wouldn't change it.
    Great odour control, clumping, flushable, biodegradable and it goes a long way. It tracks a lot but we have a mat at the tray entrance that holds great part of it.

5. NEW2CATS

NEW2CATS PetForums VIP

totally agree with this - though the tracking does annoy me i have never found a better litter at odur control

6. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

I'm agree with this - I've found Cats Best to be very good apart from the tracking issue which is only really bad when I have four or five kittens running around :D
    I buy mine from Zooplus

7. Cazzer

Cazzer PetForums VIP

Cats Best Nature's Gold for my cats!

8. TatiLie

TatiLie PetForums VIP

May I ask you what scoop you use with Cat's Best Oko Plus?
    I have a huge one that is quite clumsy, and I'm afraid to get a smaller one that don't sieve the litter well.

9. codyann

codyann PetForums Senior

10. ameliajane

ameliajane PetForums VIP

I use wood pellets too. I've tried lots of different litters and i've found the wood pellets are odour free, dust free and don't travel everywhere. Nice and cheap too.

11. Tylah

Tylah PetForums Member

I always find that the neighbours freshly dug up borders goes down nicely with my lot. Failing that we use Catsan or Worlds Best Cat Litter.

12. morgmonster

morgmonster PetForums Member

Another vote for Cat's Best / okoplus. Costs us less than £1 a week with 2 cats who are shut inside at night.

Tati we use 99p scoops from Wilkinsons, but I don't know if you have those in Ireland!

The cheapest place I've found to buy oko plus is 30L for £15.67.
    Reptile Supplies, Reptile Accessories, Reptile Products, Reptile Shops, Reptile Pet Supplies, Reptile livefoods, Exo Terra, Zoo Med,
    Unfortunately the delivery cost is not that cheap (and some products they don't delivery), BUT fortunately (for me!), I live just round the corner from their shop. So if anyone's near Hersham/Walton-on-thames you know where to shop.
    They also seem to have one of the best prices for Applaws biscuits I've seen, too.

13. chellemich

chellemich PetForums Member

I wish litter manufacturers would do free samples. I'd love to see how the likes of Catsan justify their prices. With two indoor kittens I'm loathe to spend £5+ on a bag of litter. I don't see how I can get away with not changing it every day. Last week I bought some clumping cat litter but didn't seem to be any better than the Tesco Value litter I buy.

Which reminds me, I must write and complain to them for almost NEVER having it in stock. Failing Tesco, I buy Sainsbury's. They're both white and look much cleaner and there's no odour that I can smell. Only problem is tracking, even with a mat. But I don't really see how that's avoidable.

14. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

I've never liked Catsan and always found the litter tray smelled ( urine ) much worse than with other litters within a very short space of time!

15. Ianthi

Ianthi PetForums VIP

I would be very cautious about using clumping litter with kittens. There have been reported instances where it has caused intestinal blockages in cases where on ingestion the litter expands. Kittens are more likely apparently to eat it when grooming than adult cats and additionally they have a narrower digestive tract.

16. Sacremist

Sacremist Mum to 2 cats and a dog

I use the crystal type cat litter. Bob Martin do one which I now find quite expensive. B&M Bargains do one a bit cheaper at £2.99 a bag. However, we have a Home and Bargains store which has the cheapest at just £1.99 a bag and just as effective.

I like World's Best Cat litter, which is definitely good for odour control but no better than the crystals in my opinion and the crystals work out cheaper. One bag lasts one cat a whole month.

However, if I had kittens and not full grown cats or a cat which likes to eat cat litter, then I would use World's Best. Since I don't have any of these things, I use the crystals.

17. chellemich

chellemich PetForums Member

Yeah I recently read about this. :(

18. honeysmummy

honeysmummy PetForums VIP

hi..i love catsan hygenic...expensive...but NEVER smell the litter tray and easy to remove wet bits...as stones go a light brown colour even when they are dry and its so absorbent :D

19. Cloudygirl

Cloudygirl PetForums VIP

I use the crystal one now too. So much better for smells than the clumping litter I was using.

20. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

We use cats best clumping, yes it sure is messy when they kick it everywhere and traipse it through, we also use asda wood pellets which are great because they are bigger they dont get thrown out, but they go into sawdust when used,

clumping because easier to clean out but gets everywhere or pellets dont get nowhere but takes longer to clean - i alternate

Both tho i find keep the odour away (unless you go to the bathroom straight after him then you take a peg!!!) :eek:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice