Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cats wormed! How guilty do I feel now!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by claire484, Aug 10, 2009.

1. claire484

claire484 PetForums Junior

As the title suggested, just wormed our cats. It's the first time I've had to worm them- have given lots of cats many tablets, but it's quite different when they're your own! Layla the kitten took hers really well. Sky, our 4 year old, was a different story though! She's a wriggler, and very strong! She's made me feel so guilty, afterwards she just pushed her head right into the fold of my arm and made the most pitiful meowing noise......I felt like the worst mum ever :( Think the cat nip afterwards made up for it though.

2. gemmstoned

gemmstoned PetForums Newbie

Awww bless them. They'll soon be your best friend again when they want feeding, I always worry mine will hate me after trips to the vet but they always get over it hehe xxxx

3. Cat_Crazy

Cat_Crazy PetForums VIP

Aww bless!

I hate having to cut my cats nail's as she really hates it and will strop for hours afterwards.

Even when I offer her treats she will ignore me but that's just the way she is.

4. Aud's_Mum

Aud's_Mum PetForums VIP

Ah! the joys of profender spot on wormer! lol!

I have to give Audrey 5 tablets per day as it is so bring on the spot-ons for me!!

5. claire484

claire484 PetForums Junior

Thanks for the replies, amazingly all was very quickly forgiven last night! Less than an hour later I had the kitten asleep wrapped around my neck (very comfy for her, but quite warm for me!) and Sky asleep at my feet.

I am thinking the profender spot on might be good in 6 months time when Sky is due to be wormed again! Although, her sulks last for longer when I frontline her (but that is considerably easier!).

5 tablets a day......you must have a calm cat for that, or lots of scratches!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice