Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cats sticking up for each other???

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by shezzy, Jul 1, 2009.

1. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Hey everyone.
    A random thought popped into my head the other day.

You see Kira my 14 week old kitten is very docile a bit dippit and not aggressive atall. Where as Milly rules the roost, no cats mess with her outside ahha alough there is one that likes to challege her all the time and I'm worried for Kira going out side in the future because of this one cat.

Sooo do you think Milly will have her back if this cat picks on Kira ?? haha :p Or any cat for that matter, or do you think she would just let her get beat up haha :p

2. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

Hiya,

Cats don't normally stick up for each other unless they're exceptionally close. In my experience it's always each cat for his or herself in this cat eat cat world :D

3. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

oooh haha :p just nothing I've ever herd anyone talk about lol :p

Was just a random thought that popped into my head lol :p oh dear kira's gonna have a tough time outside hahahhaha :p :p

4. dave2506

dave2506 PetForums Newbie

I've seen my parents' cats "double teaming" another cat that had got in through the cat flap! Got woken up in the middle of the night by a load of noise in the kitchen and went in to find one cat holding the other by the neck and the other pathetically trying to chew one of its legs off from what it looked like! The other cat was chased out and seemed fine (I still see it about from time to time so no damage done). :)

Bearing in mind that my parents cats don't get on at all so you may find they stick up for each other if they feel their lives depend on it :D

5. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

Elvis sticks up for Taylor and they have been best mates for 7 months now :) Only met 7 months ago to, when evil cat 2 (there are 2 evil cats round here!) was going for Taylor, Elvis run outside to protect him and fend off the beast lol!! :D Ive never felt so proud :)

6. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Hehe awww poor cat never expected that did it hahha :p:p:p

Awww yeah Millys only knowen Kira for a month and they love each other. Play with each other all the time and milly will sit and groom kira for ages.

7. amylou8

amylou8 PetForums Member

Our 2 do seem to stick up for each other and also defend their territory together. Mickey got into a scrap a few weeks ago in next door's garden and Mazie was straight over hissing at the other cat and then pushed Mickey back into our garden and stood guard, it was very funny to watch!!

If an unwanted cat comes in to the garden then they both work together to get rid of it!

8. shezzy

shezzy PetForums Senior

Good ! Cause this black and white cat is really mean. I was this >>> <<< close to throwing a cup of water over it one day lol :p but nah I know thats not fair, I would never do that to any cat, unless they were seriously hurting one of my own. I'm scared for Kira and I hope Milly helps her when she goes out side :(

9. Elmstar

Elmstar PetForums VIP

I like all these stories of cats sticking together :) I guess our Bengals might if they were allowed out but the moggies don't.

You may even find that Kira is the strongest one once she starts going out?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice