Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cats sneezing

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by the melster, May 28, 2010.

1. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

I have 2 rescue house cats who have no access to the outside as we live in a first floor apartment. We also have Bo a 7mth puppy who obviously does go out. About 3 days ago both cats have started sneezing .. not all the time but in bouts through the day. They are both completely normal otherwise and are eating/toileting/playing well. They do not appear to have any discharge form the nose (I know they can lick it away) and the eyes are clear. I have changed their brand of cat litter tonight in case it was the dust from that as their litter tray is the type with a lid and door and I noticed some mold on a window just a thin line against the glass where they sit at night .. don't know where that came from :blush: which I have scrubbed off. I'm going to pull everything out and vacuum everywhere tomorrow.

Is there anything else I could do to try and find out what is causing the sneezing. If they were showing any other symptoms I would have them straight to the vet but they are perfectly normal apart from the sneezing and because it is both I am thinking it is more something that is irritating them. Bit like me and the Go.Compare guy !!!

#1 the melster, May 28, 2010
    Last edited: May 28, 2010
  2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

I would see how they go on with the new litter 1st or you could end up changeing alsorts & missing what was the cause :)

& Im with you on the go-compare :thumbsup: its even worse than the we buy any car :rolleyes: :lol:

3. HollyM

HollyM PetForums VIP

4. the melster

the melster PetForums Senior

Thanks for the replies. They seem a lot better this morning and have only sneezed once or twice which is an improvement. I think it was the cat litter personally as when I looked in the bottom of the bag it was quite dusty which it isn't normally.

5. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Probably the litter then may have been a dodgy bag the stuff we use to use was never very consistant so swoped to another & no dust :thumbup:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice