UK Pet Forums Forum banner
  • Please post in our Community Feedback thread for help with the new forum software! If you are having trouble logging in, please Contact Us for assistance.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ferris and Isaac were neutered yesterday. The vet nurse gave us a list of instructions including being very gentle with them, don't let them jump up, nor run up stairs, don't play energetically with them, feed them chicken or egg in small quantities, etc etc.

The lads clearly weren't paying attention. After an hour's nap they were careening around the house like loonies, being very loud in their disdain for small portions, jumping on and off furniture play-fighting and steadfastly refusing to behave like post-op patients. We've tried calming them down as best we can, spraying Feliway, removed the cat tree, offered a low snuggly bed but they remain the same energetic loon-buckets they always have been.

5 month old kittens don't read the rules :p

G

·
Most of my males have a 1/2 hour hangover, then galumph about. Occasionally, I think one might think he got an insect bite, but a puzzled look, at the back, and they are off again. Cats and dogs.

·
Registered
125 Posts
When Lily was spayed she went absolutely bonkers from the pain killers. She was high as a kite and simply couldn't sit still. Her eyes were like saucers and it was a good 4 hours after getting home and me chasing her around the flat trying to stop her jumping on her perch or trying to climb the curtains. She also managed to wiggle her way out of her 'cone' which was frankly impressive!

Kittens, eh!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
10,861 Posts
You're right they don't read the rules. Last year I was told after vacs, don't worry if they're quiet. They'll be a bit off for a few hours. My lot came home and threw a house trashing party that would be hard for a group of drunken teenagers to compete with! This year's lot are trying to one up them as we speak.

When one of my boys was neutered, I brought him home from the vet expecting him to feel a little sorry for himself. As soon as the carrier was opened, he leapt out, jumped on his sister's head (can you guess which little boy this might have been, Jenny?), beat her up, smacked his mum who wouldn't let him have a drink, then yelled and yelled at me until I fed him. Nobody told him he was supposed to be taking it easy!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.