Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cats not getting on?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by rhian d, Apr 14, 2011.

1. rhian d

rhian d PetForums Senior

it has been an interesting week so far here. I have noticed recently that all three cats have been fighting alot more with keshi beings the main culprit. He has been starting on the other 2 for no reason at all. about an hour ago dillon was laying in the middle of the floor icely when keshi ran up to him and started biting him to the point that dillon cried out.

my question to anyone that can help is what can i do or try to stop this from happening ? i want all 3 of them to get along but it just seems just recently that they are not :(

2. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Hun I wouldn't worry too much for now. If it continues to be a problem for months then maybe it's worth seeking the advice of a behaviourist.

My girls go through stages where they pounce on each other and have to re establish the boundaries, and this is usually when one of them squeals. It can be uncomfortable to watch but usually it all calms down again and they are best friends grooming each other and playing nicely.

It could be that time of year too! More sunshine and warmth which makes them all a little mischievous :D

I do empathise though, it's not nice when they squeal! Have all your boys been neutered? If not this may also help ... but I'm guessing they are all done :)

3. rhian d

rhian d PetForums Senior

yeah they have all been done our landings both up and downstairs r full of cat hair on the carpets i know that alot of this is playing but when they squeal i really hate it :( i dont want to stand by and just watch or listen to them but they fight all the time sometimes its only playing but other times it is alot more rough

4. Aurelia

Aurelia PetForums VIP

Do you mean clumps of hair? But even then it is that time of year! Clumps come out without much coaxing.

Have you thought about trying Felifriend for a little while? It's supposed to reaffirm bonds in the same way that Feliway helps stressed kitties. Even using for just a month might help them re bond and then wean them off it gently. It's worth a try.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice