Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cats nipples coming off?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Harriet Oswin, Aug 15, 2020.

1. Harriet Oswin

Harriet Oswin PetForums Newbie

BB0588EB-7D5D-4687-B22F-44FC260AAABA.jpeg we recently adopted a female cat who is around 1 year old from an adoption center nearby and i have since realised she has a few problems that i am unsure if they are bothering her. I would like the mention that she has been a stray her whole life and wasn’t at the rescue long before we adopted her. The first problem i saw was that a lot her teeth were snapped off but she seems to be eating fine. The second is that her nipple appears to be coming off if i touch it and look under it she doesn’t appear to be in pain she just sits there and lets me look at it

2. SbanR

SbanR PetForums VIP

If she's been a stray her whole life, it's advisable to book her in to your vet for a thorough health check.

When I adopted my Jessie, even though she had been in foster for about a year, my vet still picked up a few problems.
    Jessie came to me with weepy eyes and a snotty nose. It was assumed from having cat flu as a kitten.
    One weepy eye was aggravated by an inturning eyelid, causing the eye lashes to rub her eyeball.
    She had an op to rectify this.

Please get your cat checked by a vet

Calvine likes this.
  3. Harriet Oswin

I will don’t worry we have only had her for a few days and haven’t had chance to book her in yet

4. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

Are you sure it's her nipple and not a milk crust? My girls will have little hardened blobs of milk, almost like scabs, that stay on the nipple until they are bathed, or I remove them. This is either when the milk is coming in for kittens, or when they are drying up after feeding a litter.

5. Harriet Oswin

i’m sure it’s not milk as she is neutered and it isn’t stuck to her skin and if you move it the nipple moves with like i could rip her nipple off there is a little blood underneath one of them. not caused by me of course it was dry the first time i even noticed they looked like this

6. carly87

carly87 PetForums VIP

How do you know she is neutered if she's a stray though? Either way, if there is blood, she needs booking in to see a vet straight away.

7. Tigermoon

Tigermoon PetForums VIP

Nipples often lay flat to the belly skin, you can lift them up and they are fairly mobile. It is very common to get grease buildup around the base of them, which can be whitish but often is black. Its nothing to worry about but if it gets a large buildup I pick it off.

8. Harriet Oswin

update as i was curious and it must have been a build up of something because i got one of and her nipple was underneath it all still going to take her to vets cause curious as to what it is. I know she is neutered because the rescue i got adopted her from has the cats neutered when brought in and she has a shaved patch of fur on her side with a scar.

9. Harriet Oswin

The thing was convering her whole nipple and was very hard and i took it off with her in no pain so don’t know where the dried blood was from and there was a nipple. i did it very slowly and it just slipped off and she didn’t move an inch

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice