Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cats keep goin in the garden were the dog is

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by gemsiegem24, Jul 7, 2009.

1. gemsiegem24

gemsiegem24 PetForums Newbie

Hi i wonder if anyone can help, i rescued 2 cats 1 month ago they are 7 months ols now. they have only been goin out for about 5 days but they keep goin in next doors garden were there is a dog. The dog goes mad chases them and then they get stuck up the trees ?? suggestions greatly appreciated thanks:confused:

2. Simba9952

Simba9952 PetForums Member

Hi,

I rescued a kitten a few months ago and he now lives with my parents. He is exactly like you describe, going over fences into other gardens and getting stuck. All I can say is, be around to help them if they get into 'situations'. Kittens are very curious and will investigate everything, even if that puts them in danger.
    You will need to rescue them from time to time, but they will learn.
    If you can get them to learn a come back command (shaking treats, etc) this will help you alot.

3. gemsiegem24

gemsiegem24 PetForums Newbie

Hi thanks for reply, am sure they will hopefully learn in the end. We are forever out in the garden with getting them down from the tress, we have had to get the ladders out before now. But they have started to come down on their own which is good. They only go out when we get home from work so we are always around in case they do get into danger. :)

4. spid

spid PetForums VIP

Mostly, if they can get up they can get down. When you rescue them try to encourage them to climb down by tapping the branches you want them to step on - that way they learn the route rather than always being carried out of the tree. Our moggy used to do this and now he gets himself out.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice