Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

cats in kitten

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by love-bug, Apr 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. love-bug

love-bug PetForums Newbie

hiya, i have a british shorthaired tabby who is pregnant, it will be her first litter, she's 1yrs old, and she was in season around the 1st march, she seems huge and she's gone VERY clingy, av helped her make a quiet area but she would rather stay close to me, her bump is low and more to the rear end, can anyone give me advice as to how long roughtly she has to goas i would like to be around to help (god forbid) anything should go wrong, she doesn't seem to be able to get comfy, and when she does fall asleep you can see the kittens kicking and moving, this was NOT an accident and was a planned pregnancy but am not sure if i would want her to go through this again, can someone pls help and give me some advice as to what to expect and roughly how long she has to go, thankyou x

2. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

You may get more response if you put this in the breeding section, but why on earth are you breeding from her when you have done no research in to it :confused:

3. love-bug

love-bug PetForums Newbie

i have done research into it but everthing i read tells me different, i have even taken her to our vets, and sometimes its good to hear things from other owners, cos i feel that ppl who have actually been through this are alot more help than some of the sites i have been to, also everyone has to start somewhere, i even have books on cat breeding, but was wondering if its possible for a cat to give birth earlier than the 63-65 days normal gestation x

4. gloworm*mushroom

gloworm*mushroom PetForums VIP

Who is the stud? What colours have you mixed? Are they all registered and health tested?

5. kunzy

kunzy Guest

Good Question.

6. gloworm*mushroom

See the breeding section.... It's a domestic short hair, not British. You guess the rest...

7. GreyHare

GreyHare Guest

but think of the cute cuddly wuddly kitties :rolleyes:

8. gloworm*mushroom

They are much cuter than rescue kitties I agree!

9. sue&harvey

sue&harvey PetForums VIP

There is a thread in Breeding section so will close this one. Please TRY and be constructive in your replies ;)

Gratch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice