Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cats home equilibrium upset

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by misty05, Oct 1, 2013.

1. misty05

misty05 PetForums Newbie

This has happened once before a couple of months ago but for a couple of hours and is worse today ....
    This morning my husband accidentally trod on the younger quieter cat and she yowled loudly. This caused the other cat (aged 4 older by one year and the more dominant ) to go for the smaller cat. There was a lot of noise and running up and down the house. There are no injuries but it is still continuing a lot of grumbling and noises, the smaller cat v wary, on edge and staying up high. Any suggestions?

2. jaycee05

jaycee05 PetForums VIP

I think they will calm down on their own eventually, when they hear noise like that from another cat it puts them in fight mode
    I have seen it with my own cats, but they usually get over it fairly quickly, I would just pet the one who is going for the other one to calm him down then pet the other one, and see how it is then, it shouldn't last long, --hopefully

3. misty05

misty05 PetForums Newbie

Thanks for that. It certainly appears to have upset the elder cat and glad you explained it as fight mode. Explains why she went for younger cat. They were introduced at one and a half yr and 9 weeks took a bit of settling, and whilst the older is not as approachable as i feel younger would have liked they have got along ok. Its like older cat will not tolerate younger cat in her space and younger is just scared of being attacked at any moment, lets hope it passes. Thanks for your advice and fingers crossed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice