Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Cats fighting

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by angela Bradley, Sep 14, 2018 at 1:31 PM.

1. angela Bradley

angela Bradley PetForums Newbie

I have got 3 cats. Last week I came home from work and 2 of them have fell out.
    Now the Tom cat who was a bit of a bully has retreated to a cupboard and seems to be petrified of the 3 year female cat. They got along fine until last week now the Tom cat has very angry and attacks the female cat when she comes anywhere close to him. He has wet himself and refuses to go near her

2. Jansheff

Jansheff PetForums VIP

Are they speyed/neutered?

3. angela Bradley

Yes. They have lived together for 3 years. The Tom cat hasn't been well. I think the she cat has harmed him in some way.
    I am just hoping it can be sorted.
    The Tom cat is fine with my other cat (female. 12 years old) now when he sees the other one he starts spitting and hissing and hurries away into a corner.

4. danielle atkins

danielle atkins PetForums Newbie

Does he have an visible injuries or swelling? When ever my boy has been in a fight outside the home (We have an unneutered tom that loves to come in our garden and attack him) he always has a couple of days hissing and not loving the other two cats?

5. angela Bradley

Hi. I took him to the vet the next day she checked him all over he was fine.
    They are now living in separate rooms
    I just need to get them liking each other without squealing at each other.
    I defo think the wee one (female 3year old ) has harmed him in some way

6. danielle atkins

danielle atkins PetForums Newbie

I can only suggest how we introduce new kittens which is a lot of scent swopping and then after a week treats when they meet each other. Hope they are friends again soon

7. angela Bradley

Thanks Danielle. Fingers crossed I don't want to break up my wee family

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice