Welcome!

Welcome to PetForums, the UK's most popular and friendly pet owners community. Please 'Sign Up' if you'd like to take part and contribute to our forum.

Cats being strange

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Balqees, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Balqees

Balqees PetForums Newbie

So today is April the 20th and it's been really well warm and since yesterday my cat refused to come back home it's an male and is un neutered and about 10 months old he's not acting as if he's in heat and we were worried sick as we always keep him inside at night and in during the day so when we did find him he was not far just in a neighbours front garden which I suspect leave loads of food out for their cats but other cats come to eat so that's why my cat probally did not come home to eat as he might of ate from there so when I called so I manged to pick him up and Bring him home but the thing is he's keep on trying to get back outside I do not know why what should I do

2. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Male cats don't come into heat and at 10 months he's old enough to be wanting to go and look for a mate. You must keep him in until he has been neutered or you run the risk of him wandering off and getting lost or coming to harm, to say nothing of fathering unwanted kittens.

sandy-cat and Orange&White like this.
  3. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

Please have your cat neutered immediately. Then keep him inside for at least two months, giving the hormones time to completely leave his body.

sandy-cat and Orange&White like this.
  4. Orange&White

Orange&White PetForums Junior

An unneutered male cat can roam 1-2 miles from home on the scent of a female in heat. Best to keep him inside until he's neutered. You're likely to eventually have him roam too far and be lost. At 10 months, he's an adolescent. He's probably smelling a female in the area.

sandy-cat and MaggieDemi like this.
  5. Anita1234

Anita1234 PetForums Member

Male cats don’t go into heat , they can mate all the time , your cat is almost an adult on cat years , you have to neuter him so he has less desire to roam looking for females , he could go very far and get lost , maybe keep him as an indoor cat , not much you can do to stop the other person feeding her cats outside her garden , to be honest I do feed cats a little semi feral female in my garden and get annoyed at a white tom turning up and scaring her and helping himself to any food he sees

sandy-cat likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice