Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cats attacked Sophie *crying*

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Miss.PuddyCat, Apr 22, 2011.

1. Miss.PuddyCat

Miss.PuddyCat PetForums VIP

I thought we were doing so well I made sure they had lots of space and time away from one another and that Sophie didnt bug them.

Decker just flew out of bed after Sophie grabbing her and biting. Sophie took off screaming towards my moms room. I flew off my bed after them telling Decker to stop! I threw a piece of clothing but she wouldnt let go.

All of a sudden Kira my moms cat flew out from under her bed and went after Sophie. Sophie was screaming bloody murder :crying:

Shes got a bad cut on her nose and her back.

Soda came running upstairs after it happened, she seems to be the only tolerant of Sophie at all.

2. McKenzie

McKenzie PetForums VIP

Oh no, sorry to hear this :(

I don't know what to suggest but I'm sure given a bit more time they will make peace :)

3. Miss.PuddyCat

Sophie is passed out in my bros room, it must have taken so much out of her.

Im soo mad at Decker, Ive never seen that side of her before.

4. lymorelynn

lymorelynn UN Peacekeeper in training
    Staff Member

Poor puppy :( I hope things settle down again soon. Do you have Feliway over there to help calm cats in stressful situations?

5. catz4m8z

catz4m8z PetForums VIP

Poor baby. Can you keep them seperate for abit longer and just supervise them together??
    I never had that problem. All 9 of my cats have been terrified of the tiny 2-3Ibs puppies I introduced them to from day one.:rolleyes:

6. Miss.PuddyCat

I have no idea Ive never seen it, but we were planing on going to a petstore today to get Sophie more chew bones because shes finished the one she had.

We were planning on taking Sophie to a big garden Centre today, part of me wants to go still and put a positive spin on the day.

I picked up Soda a few minutes ago and put her on the bed with Sophie. Soda sniffed Sophie and Sophie wagged her tail. I dont want her terrified of the cats.

7. Miss.PuddyCat

We have a baby gate blocking the basement stairs so only the cats can go through and not Sophie (tons of cat toys, litter box, food water) but Im thinking it best to get one for the stairs going up and keeping Sophie on the main floor.

Its the first time for us to have both cat and dog in the same house.

8. Miss.PuddyCat

Decker was just about to pounce on poor Sophie again. So my mom picked Decker up and put her on the other side of the gate saying Decker needed a time out.

9. GingerHound

GingerHound PetForums Member

How long have the cats and dog known each other for?

10. Miss.PuddyCat

Sophie been here nearly two weeks now. As far as I know none of them have met dogs while I had them. Minus Kira.

We took Sophie to the big garden center and could not walk more then two feet without someone coming over wanting to say Hi

Everyone loved her and wanted her, she was defiantly the main attraction lol

An English women told me dogs give so much love, and you get what you put into them, so sweet.

She met two dogs. A cocker named Reba who was very gentle and a Shih Tzu cross Dachund? (sp) who she played with for a bit.

Shes passed out on her bed.

The cats seem to have enjoyed a breather, and acting themselves again.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice