Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cats and Drinking in Hot weather?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by lovecats2009, Jun 27, 2009.

1. lovecats2009

lovecats2009 PetForums Junior

How much should Cats and Kittens drink during hot weather?

2. colliemerles

colliemerles PetForums VIP

mine eat mostly dry food, james wellbeloved, so they drink lots any way, but i leave bowls of cool fresh water down all the time ,:)

3. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

You cant say 'X amount' because all cats are different, just leave water out at all times like normal :)

I have a cat who drinks nothing, infact I now have 2 cats who drink nothing and 2 who drink alot!

4. Cyberfyn

Cyberfyn PetForums VIP

Yup. Most wet cat food is around 80% water, so some cats get all their intake from that. My two have the occasional sip, but that's it. If they are thirsty, then they'll drink.

Ian.

5. WittyKitty

WittyKitty Guest

my cat is on a mostly dry diet so will drink quite a bit. I had to fill her bowl up a number of times over the weekend and I check it everytime I pass by.

I would just say your cat will drink as much as he/she wants. Aslong as your kitty knows where the water bowl is :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice