Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cats and drawers?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Apollo, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Apollo

Apollo PetForums Junior

Recently, my cat has taken to sleeping in my sister's drawer. Does anyone else's cat do this?

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Yes! In my old house we had a set of drawers that wouldnt close properly and one of my cats always squeezed himself in there, he was quite a chubby lil monkey then! lol

3. Taylorbaby

Taylorbaby PetForums VIP

I think all cats do! I ahve had to take a draw out of my chest of draws and they sleep in that or in the chest its-self!

Ill sort out some piccis! :D

4. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Would love to see some :)

5. Tillski

Tillski PetForums Member

Tilly will squeeze herself through the gap behind the drawers and climb in we will hear a crash which will be her moving all of my important papers out of her way and then she will just snuggle up and go to sleep. The first night we had her she went to sleep in there and we spent hours looking for her in the morning but never thought to look in the drawers as we thought the gap was too small. We thought perhaps she wouldn’t be able to do it anymore now she’s got bigger but she still manages somehow!

6. bimbleweb

bimbleweb PetForums Member

If a drawer is left open then one of our cats will get in there straight away. They always look so cute though I don't have the heart to move them :D
    We always have to check the wardrobes too!

7. cherrie_b

cherrie_b PetForums VIP

OMG!!! I thought this was just my cats! I have a divan bed with 4 drawers underneath and a few weeks ago I went to get into bed and shut the drawers to. I while later I could hear meowing so I opened my bedroom door to let Lola in only to find she wasn't there. The meowing continued so I opened the drawers under my bed...there she was. Under all of my clothes. She must have squeezed through a tiny gap to get in them, and I didn't see her!! MISCHIEVOUS!! :eek:

8. hayleyb

hayleyb PetForums VIP

we have that now too lol. sheldon likes to hide in the base. sometimes i jst open the draws prop so he can have a little fun with them altho oh doesnt like it wen he gets his clothes out full of hairs he he

9. Apollo

Apollo PetForums Junior

It seems that being a cat merits into a sort of michevious...

I'm grateful that Mozart (although he does try to) hasn't succeded into getting into my wardrobe.

10. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

haha yeah thats the downside, I keep "furminating" the cats but still finding loads of hair :(

11. Milly22

Milly22 PetForums VIP

Gosh yes!!

Almost all of mycats have done this. It was usually the drawers beneath the bed, until we got a new bed. Very annoying due to fluff factor!!:D

12. spiffy

spiffy PetForums Junior

My new kitten Megan (my avatar) has took a liking to my husband's clothes drawer. He left it open one night and I woke up in the morning to find her peeping out from it. :D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice