Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Catnip

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by K1nS, Apr 13, 2011.

1. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Hiya all, im still a newbie when it comes to cats so sorry if you see me around asking alot of questions. Ive gone out and bought some catnip today for Tilly and she loves it, I mentioned on my fb status about it and one of my friends said I have to be careful on how much I give her because of the side effects. Now ive been doing abit of research and all I can seem to find side effects for is if shes preg, theres no chance of that. BTW shes had it once today :)

2. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

im sure there are no side affects what so ever that i know of. It just a dried plant kind of like a herb.

3. Marley boy

Marley boy PetForums VIP

i forgot to say welcome to the forum :D

4. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Oh good, I thought I was going mad when I couldn't find anything haha... and thanks :D x

5. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Mine loves his, in addition to the loose stuff, he has a smalll material pouch of it which is in with his toys, he somtimes just goes mooching through them just for this, you throw it up in the air and he dive bombs it

6. ehasler

ehasler PetForums Member

There shouldn't be any side effects - it's actually a natural herb that's part of the mint family, and is also safe for us humans to consume! I actually wrote a little article on my blog about it - hopefully this is of some interest: Catnip and Cats

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice