Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

catnip weeds!?!?

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Tillski, Jun 24, 2009.

1. Tillski

Tillski PetForums Member

Yesterday whilst out in the garden enjoying some sun I noticed that Tilly was getting rather attached to a certain weed that we have growing in our garden. She was rolling all over it, nuzzling her face against it and trying to lick it – she looked just like I’d sprayed catnip all over it. I just thought it quite strange as I have never seen her doing this before, even though there are a few other same type weeds in the garden that she’s never so much as sniffed twice (that I’ve witnessed anyway). It just looked quite odd to me that she was enjoying it so much – any ideas? Any particular plants which cats enjoy too? I know that she always has a good sniff of the lavender when she goes past and often sleeps underneath it but I would like to plant some more things she’d enjoy playing in (a small attempt and keeping her in our garden and out of trouble!)

2. kittykat

kittykat PetForums VIP

Strange, maybe it just had a nice scent to it! Or maybe its not a regular weed growing! lol

Both my kitties love catnip but have never shown an interest in anything else.

3. Simba9952

Simba9952 PetForums Member

Hi Tillski,
    Cats will sometimes eat a bit of grass or a plant as it helps them with their hairballs, then again some cat's are a bit weird. My parents have a cat (Tigger) and when my dad bleaches the downstairs toilet floor Tigger goes and rolls around on her back, sniffing and rolling some more :eek:ut:
    I would see if you can find out what weed it is and check online and with your vet, but more than likely Tilly has just taken a fancy to that particular plant :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice