Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Catman and Robin

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Erenya, Apr 20, 2017.

1. Erenya

Erenya PetForums VIP

I love Spring, but the unholy hunting terror that is Darwin has now brought me two baby birds. One was unfortunately dead, but the other, with virtually no feathers, was still very much alive and yelling so we took him (or her) to the West Hatch Wildlife shelter on Sunday and they said that although he had a couple of cuts and scratches, he(she) had a good chance

Einstein was also caught playing with a fledgling today. Not sure how long he'd been out there, but OH saw him in the garden with the bird and we pegged it out like loonies. Einstein Ran. The bird got away, He grabbed it in his mouth. I grabbed him. Handed him to OH and picked up the little fledgling, fearing the worst. He looked a bit dazed.

In an embarrassing turn of events, the only box I had that was the right size was a cat food box...

So we went back to the West Hatch Wildlife Centre (thank god it was a different women) apologised to the lady for my choice of box and she looked over the little bird and said it was a robin.

She then asked if I was sure that a cat had gotten the bird. I said I was pretty sure as he was caught in the act...

So she looked him over and said there wasn't a scratch on him, not a mark, not a cut, barely a feather bent. he was just a bit shocked.

So there you go. Proof that Einstein is a proper soppy git who genuinely couldn't catch a cold

2. Charity

Charity Endangered Species

Glad Einstein's had a reprieve. He must have been extra gentle with the robin. Now, Darwin on the other hand....;););)

ewelsh likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice