Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Catarrah & sinus problems

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Curlie, Jun 16, 2010.

1. Curlie

Curlie PetForums Newbie

Hi,

Can anyone help. i have an 11 year old female British shorthair who over the years has seemed to have attacks of what i can only describe as catarrah. The occasions have become more frequent to the point where she has been unable to breathe properly through her mouth for 3 weeks on and off and is very uncomfortable. Sometimes it makes her sneeze a lot and then she gets nose bleeds. Over the years she has had antibiotics pills and jabs but they only temporarily relieve the problem. She has been x-rayed for tumors for the nose bleeds but is all clear. I am currently trying a powder from the vets which is used for mucus related problems together with natural garlic tablets but this gave her relief for a few days and then came straight back.

i am now desperate for help as i feel i have nowhere to turn and she is so uncomfortable. Has anyone heard of this or had similar problems??

Thanks.

2. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

She may be allergic to something simple like dust in the cat litter or any air freshners you may have in the house :confused1: if you have any of the plug in air freshners make sure they are pluged in above where your cat walks etc. sorry not much help otherwise.

3. Curlie

Curlie PetForums Newbie

Thanks for that. We don't use any chemical products around the house and her litter has been the same for years. Very frustrating and upsetting to see her struggling. Thanks anyway!

4. hobbs2004

hobbs2004 PetForums VIP

Have you tried an air purifier just in case it is an allergy to dust mites or something else in the house? Is there any way that you could strengthen her immune system? Perhaps check out colostrum, which has immune boosting properties.

#4 hobbs2004, Jun 17, 2010
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  5. Dally Banjo

Dally Banjo PetForums VIP

Maybe it is the cat litter if you have been using the same stuff for years & she has been suffering for years :confused: deffinately worth looking at if not as Hobbs suggests,:) worth a try

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice