Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat with sore eye

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Leela2906, Jul 26, 2009.

1. Leela2906

Leela2906 PetForums Newbie

Hi all,

Have a kitty cat with a sore eye! Not sure whats happened but kitty seems to be keeping one eye closed. She's able to open it but not for long before she shuts it again. Have had a look and it seems to be ok, not red or bloodshot or anything.

Any ideas? Maybe clawed it when she's been stratchin or something? Anything to help?

Thanks

Karen

2. Spaniel mad

Spaniel mad PetForums VIP

We had the same with one of my cats kittens. The vet said to clean with cold tea and it done the trick

3. munchbunch

munchbunch PetForums VIP

If it's still like that after 24 hours, I'd take a trip to the vets to get it checked out if it were me. Hope it clears up soon x

4. suzie_1983

suzie_1983 PetForums Newbie

sounds like it could be conjunctivitus. it is very common in kittens. i have a kitten who has had it. i would take them to the vets to get it treated. especially where there eyes are concerned. they will just give u some drops. they are fun to try and put in. (not really) just make sure you dont touch the eye and not clean your hands as it can spread to humans too. hope this helps

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice