Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat with ear infection - recovery time?

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by Vicki1981, May 15, 2019.

1. Vicki1981

Vicki1981 PetForums Newbie

Hi, my F cat (14.5yrs) was diagnosed with ear infection Sunday night at an out of hours vets (Wed now) after she started falling over everywhere. She has been prescribed antibiotic drops to put in her ears twice a day. In peoples experience how long does it take for her to stop the wobbling and falling? She has been on the 72 hours now but still having wobbles, occasional rolls etc but she is ok in herself, eating lots, purring etc.

Just wondering of others who have been in the same situation if i should wait a day or before taking her back or if she should be back to normal by now?

Thanks in advance.

2. Soozi

Soozi PetForums VIP

I would call your vet and it was them who saw how severe the infection was. They might prescribe upping the dose or leave it a bit longer. Hope she’s ok soon I would think the ear infection has upset her inner ear which is affecting her balance. Fingers crossed she recovers soon.

Gallifreyangirl, buffie and chillminx like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice