Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat wants to be outside all the time

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Bethanjane22, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Bethanjane22

Bethanjane22 PetForums Junior

Hello Everyone!

I haven't posted in a while, but I've noticed something a little odd recently with one of my cats Nova.

They are indoor cats, but have access to a cat proofed garden, and we let them out now and again when we are home. They normally just explore the garden, sit on the chairs and lounge around. Then to get them back in we usually just shake their treats by the back door and they come running. Recently however, Nova wants to go outside a lot more (she'll cry by the back door) and then all she does is run straight to the outdoor sofas and sit under them, in the dark corner. Then when we shake the treats, her sister comes running but she wont. We have to go out and physically get her out and carry her in.

I'm concerned she may be unwell or there is something inside she doesn't like anymore? We've not changed anything in our house, and their routine is exactly the same. I just don't know why she wants to be outside so much and then doesn't come in, even for treats!

I may just be being a over protective cat mum, but I thought I'd ask for advice.

Thanks in advance :)

Beth

2. lorilu

lorilu PetForums VIP

How long has she been doing this? How does she act when back inside, does she hide away as well?

Maybe she just has a mouse hole she's staked out, out there under the couch.

buffie likes this.
  3. Bethanjane22

Bethanjane22 PetForums Junior

She's fine when she's back in, she'll just go and lie down on her window perch, or will come for a cuddle. Just getting her back in that's become a bit of a nightmare.

I'll get my other half to pull the sofas out to see if there is anything behind them, maybe she's found something under there!

chillminx and lorilu like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice