Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat vomiting & listless

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by KittyNat, Dec 25, 2020.

1. KittyNat

KittyNat PetForums Junior

Merry Christmas all - I was hoping for some help.
    Yesterday my 15 year old cat started vomiting. I thought it was just one of those bugs & would keep an eye on her.

Unfortunately, today she is the same, can’t keep anything down - not even water and is particularly listless too.

I have taken her to the out of hours vet (she typically has perked up a bit when they saw her after waiting for 2 hours in the car) who gave her maropitant and said to keep an eye on her.

She has had some water but is still not interested in food / tuna or anything much.

How long does maropitant take to work and should she be showing more of an interest in food by now?

Sorry for the long post, but I don’t know whether to give the vet another visit?

Thank you x

2. Babyshoes

Babyshoes PetForums VIP

Afraid I don't know the answer, but I suggest ringing the out of hours vet to ask how long it should take. I hope she perks up soon.

Lurcherlad likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice