Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat trying to escape

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by K1nS, Apr 11, 2011.

1. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

We got our cat yesterday and shes trying to get out of our windows, now I know this is because shes not classing our place of her home yet so was wondering if she will grow out of it? Im planning having her as an indoor cat and would like to be able to open our windows sometimes lol

2. welshjet

welshjet PetForums VIP

Ours is an "inne" but whenever we go into the garden he comes with us on his harness and he is good on it, we only had him a month from our local cpl, but he loves lying in the sun, when our windows are slightly open he does smell the air coming in but hes never tried to get out

3. K1nS

K1nS PetForums Senior

Oh well I hope she gets out of the habbit then, we dont have a garden as we live in a flat... well actually, we have abit of grass at the side of the flat but its not all fensed off as its open to the back (our landlord runs his buisness out there and cars are in and out all day) then theres an opening at the front which leads to the main road :eek:

4. Loubylou2905

Loubylou2905 PetForums Newbie

We have kind of the same problem. Our cat is an indoor cat and is so nosey im too scared to open the windows incase she gets out and doesn't come back! Plus shes a very nervous cat and i dont know how she'd cope outside. Its ok at the moment as it's not that hot but I'm worried about when it does get nearer summer and we need to open the windows....I heard you can buy cat nets for windows but don't know if they work.

5. IndysMamma

IndysMamma PetForums VIP

window screens are an immensely good thing for summer and can be bought or made if you are ok at DIY

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice