Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat trees...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Stephiib14, Jan 21, 2021.

1. Stephiib14

Stephiib14 PetForums Junior

Can anybody reccomend me somewhere to get a cat tree that 1; isn't for kittens, is going to work for an adult cat, and 2; doesn't cost a fortune?
    I hadn't planned on having a cat, she came to me in pressing circumstances where it was life or death for her... I've got her insured and the CPL have helped me out with a voucher towards spaying her, I just can't afford to be spending more than £40 approx with my current situation with covid and being just after Xmas so please don't bash me for not being able to afford to buy her something incredible :(

2. ChaosCat

ChaosCat PetForums VIP

Stephiib14 likes this.
  3. pennycat

pennycat PetForums Senior

4. Stephiib14

Stephiib14 PetForums Junior

I know ill have to buy another one sooner or later, she's almost a year old we think (we saved her from the canal so know minimal about her since the people I saved her from well... weren't the type to care too much...) but I just need something that will last maybe 6 months or so until I recover financially from Xmas and other unplanned expenses x

5. H.M

H.M PetForums Member

I recommend this one
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B08MVTD2VS?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_title
    I too cannot afford things. It is a little more than you budget but its really worth it as it is so big and plenty of spaces to play and sleep. I searched everywhere for something cheap but they were all so small. I sold stuff on shpock to make money to buy it and my cats love it who are adult and a kitten.

Here it is a day after it arrived
    20210101_144345.jpg

chillminx likes this.
  6. teddylion

teddylion PetForums Member

7. Scruffycat171

Scruffycat171 PetForums Newbie

We got this one for our little guy for £45...It might be smaller than you are after but might tide you over so thought worth posting :) I hope its big enough for a 1 year old as we werent planning on getting Sooty another next year...we will see I guess!

Wont let me post a link but you can search Bunty Cat Tree :)

Also found some lower priced ones on Wayfair if you havent looked there...unfortunately my OH wanted ours to match the room so Sootys had to settle :Meh

Attached Files:

#7 Scruffycat171, Jan 21, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2021
  8. Lunarags

Lunarags Dedicated cat slave

Mine is from amazon and works for our adult cats https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B083HL592F/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_7GzcGb99ST3ZM but if your cat is heavier like our boy i would recommend one like this with the larger base https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08R7PWCQY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_fabc_JJzcGbXT6ECH5?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 as ours has tipped sideways before when he gets near the top if our girl is also in the basket. We are also looking into a new one which is more suitable for larger /multiple cats xxx

9. Nicola234

Nicola234 PetForums Senior

Hi if it’s only to tide you over for a few months you can get small cat trees, scratching posts in B&M or home bargains really cheap, or else have a look on your local buy and sell pages, there’s usually always cat trees on there. Well done for rescuing her :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice