Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat Tree Farce

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by londongal796, Aug 25, 2013.

1. londongal796

londongal796 PetForums Senior

So I was bragging about my new cat tree for the boys the other day...

[​IMG]

...when I said 'boys' I meant 'boy kitten only'.

It is TINY.

Byron inspecting it:
    [​IMG]

Byron looking at it as if to say, 'Is that it?':
    [​IMG]

Byron says, 'This is DEFINITELY too little for me!!!':
    [​IMG]

Charlie says, 'I'll stick with the old one for now, thank you very much!':
    [​IMG]

Oh well...!! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

2. Jenny1966

Jenny1966 PetForums VIP

:lol: it does look a lot better in the original picture :D

What happened to the house bit? It looks a bit lived in already!! :eek: And the hammocks don't look as big!

3. loubyfrog

loubyfrog PetForums VIP

Really sorry but i chuckled when i saw it in real life in all its glory :D

At least Mr Peachy Pie will be able to use it.........for a little while;)

4. Paddypaws

Paddypaws PetForums VIP

sorry, but I laughed out loud at those pics.:eek:
    What a rip off though, I would be seriously annoyed at the seller.

5. CharlieChaplin

CharlieChaplin PetForums VIP

I loved your original picture thinking 'wow that looks great and so huge!' Sorry it didn't turn out so :(

Weren't there measurements with it? I'm sure it will get some use out of it tho :)

6. Jiskefet

Jiskefet Slave to the Hairy Hikers

What a rip off...
    Did it shrink in the wash?????

7. Lunabuma

Lunabuma PetForums VIP

Oh no! What a let down. The amount of things I've bought online and they've been a drastically different size.

The worst was a sofa I bought from Habitat.. waited 6 months for it to be made, in the meantime using a crappy Ikea sofabed with no arms that gave us both a bad back.... and then the day it arrived... it was way too big to get into my flat. I can still remember seeing the monstrosity in the back of the van, not believing the man who was having a chuckle at me.

8. londongal796

londongal796 PetForums Senior

The house bit makes no sense, it's like a tent covering for it but it doesn't seem to have anything to keep it in its shape, there's two bits of cord but no directions on where they go. Oh well, Byron is twice the size of the 'house' so not really useful anyway!!!!

To be fair it's not the sellers fault, normally I look at Zooplus and they have customer photos, so you can sort of tell if they are kitten-sized or not. But in this case I was mostly concerned about the height, I didn't want a super 6' tall tree in case the kitten fell off, so I was focused on finding something 4' or less with a couple of hammocks. This was the only one I found that fit the bill.

Yeeeeeah there were measurements, but I didn't look at them to see if it was 'kitten sized' or not... I could tell it wasn't too wide (so it would fit) and knew the height, but I didn't think to check the hammock sizes etc... :rolleyes: Lesson learned!!!

Ooooh ouch, one of my friends had that happen recently, waited months for a sofa although in this case they were sold it specifically because they were told it broke into two pieces (the seat bit and the backrest bit) so that it would fit through the door... Well, nope, they'd been lied to and it didn't break in half so they could not get it into the house!!! Of course, it was another few months til the correct sofa was ordered and ready to be received...!! Not nice

Well ultimately, lesson learned, and also it will be a really great donation to Woking CP once Peachy Pie has outgrown it!!! :thumbup1:

9. CharlieChaplin

CharlieChaplin PetForums VIP

Ah well any rescue would love your donation :) and mr peachy pie will deff enjoy it till he grows out of it!

10. Cookieandme

Cookieandme PetForums VIP

To be fair there is a huge flash across the corner stating 122cm

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice