Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat tracking collars

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jeanrose89, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Jeanrose89

Jeanrose89 PetForums Newbie

Hello everyone,

I'm just wondering if anyone has ever used a GPS tracking collar on their cat and can tell me if they are any good and actually work well?

Thanks in advance

2. kimthecat

kimthecat PetForums VIP

Ive not used one myself but I think they are a good idea. I hope you get more answers .

3. sandy-cat

sandy-cat PetForums Senior

I did some research into them when I first got Sandy and the best one looked to be Pawtrack. Expensive but the lightest/smallest option I could find that seemed to be fairly accurate. In the end I didn't buy one, but I've seen positive reviews on the cat owners FB group I'm a member of.

4. Ofelia Lorene

Ofelia Lorene PetForums Junior

Hello! I've been using a GPS tracker for over a year with my cat, and can't recommend one enough. They've given me peace of mind and helped out when Boedo decided to roam a few times! They're excellent for finding your cat in real time, setting up alerts if your cat leaves a 'safe zone', as well as tracking where they've been throughout the day and measuring their activity levels

I first used Kaddz, which was good but had a few disadvantages (the collar would fall off easier and was quite bulky as it was a whole integrated piece; you couldn't turn it off; it wasn't always super accurate). Since the collar fell off and got chewed by a fox (!!!), we started using Weenect, which is an attachment to a normal cat collar. I've found this to be much more accurate than the Kaddz, as well as having more features (you can make the collar ring, which is great for if it's fallen off somewhere in the dark; most other collars don't have this feature, or light up which isn't always helpful if it's under a bush!) and different modes to save battery or give real time location updates.

All collars require a subscription as they run on mobile SIMs, but in my opinion they are well worth it. I pay around £3.50 per month for the Weenect (in addition to the cost of the piece, which I think was around £50) but the customer service is great and it does exactly what you want it to.

BethanyKate likes this.
  5. gabriel3

gabriel3 PetForums Newbie

Hey guys, I'm new to the forum. I have a problem. Our family moved to a new house recently and our cat (9 years old Main-coon) started to escape pretty often. I'm afraid that during his "travels" something bad might happen to him. I read a lot of articles about cat tracking collar and I think that in my situation I have to buy it. Since there are so many of them on the market, I do not know which one is good. I saw couple of articles with products listed below, but I do not know if I can trust them.. Since it is black friday I'm planning to buy it on amazon.

6. buffie

buffie Mentored by Meeko

7. NWForest

NWForest PetForums Member

I just get my two to draw a diagram of where they have been and how long they spent there when they come in - if I am concerned. :) It's like hieroglyphics but cat version, you have to spend a few minutes interpreting it :) You should see the image for 'I was in No 29's back garden for 2 hours but failed to catch any birdies' it's like a frowny emoticon with a bird flying off in background ;-)

ribbon, sandy-cat and AmsMam like this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice