Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat toothbrush

Discussion in 'Cat Health and Nutrition' started by LJC675, Jul 12, 2017.

1. LJC675

LJC675 PetForums VIP

Hi Everyone,
    Hope you and all your furbabies are well.
    I've just started introducing Kalex and Suter to having their teeth brushed. They love the toothpaste and come running when I wave the tube and they are pretty good when I use my finger to smear some on their teeth.
    My toothbrushes have arrive, they are double ended ones like this:

upload_2017-7-12_20-57-41.png

But they seem quite stiff, I guess I was expecting them to be soft. Tonight I put the toothpaste on the brushes and they eagerly licked it off and chewed at the brush, but I didn't actually use it on their teeth just yet.

For those of you who use brushes, which do you use/recommend and at they stiff or soft?

Thanks a lot for any input.

2. chillminx

chillminx PetForums VIP

Hi, I bought some pet toothbrushes like those and found them difficult to use on the two of my cats who will allow me to clean their teeth. If you manage to use them for your cats I will be impressed, LOL.!

I had read that a soft brush is best and my brushes are quite hard, perhaps more suitable for dogs' teeth. However getting the cats to chew at the brush is a good start. :)

I find I manage better with a finger brush, one like these:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Winstory-F...05&sr=8-3&keywords=finger+toothbrush+for+cats

3. LJC675

LJC675 PetForums VIP

Thanks a lot @chillminx. Luckily mine seem to love the toothpaste and are letting me rub their teeth etc. I will get some of those finger ones you suggest, as I think I'll have a bit mote 'control'

chillminx likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice