Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat toileting in wrong place...

Discussion in 'Cat Training and Behaviour' started by Georgina1, Jun 9, 2010.

1. Georgina1

Georgina1 PetForums Junior

Hi,
    I'd love some advice about my kitty weeing in the wrong place and would like any ideas on why she did it so I can help her. It may have been a one off though.

I have a year old cat she is gorgeous although can be a little moody occasionally! She was litter trained when I got her and she has two litter trays one upstairs which she only wees in and downstairs for both but mainly the other.

She is an indoor cat and the vet has said this is perhaps for the best for my kitty and there is always someone home to keep her company and play with her. She is happy with the dog who never botheres her at all and they love eachother.

After never weeing in the wrong place before (other than missing the litter tray) the other day she just got on the table and did a massive wee! It was not just a spray it was a lot. Other than being upset by my antique table being destroyed I am more upset that she did that as I hate to this she is upset.

She and the cats next door fight through the glass headbutting at eachother which may have upset her and made her do it or perhaps her sitting place above her scratching post breaking may have made her annoyed i'm not sure?

Really I just need to ensure she is not angry or upset by anything and I want to make sure if there is something I can fix it for her.

Sorry for the loooong message, I hope someone understands my little kitty!

2. Georgina1

Georgina1 PetForums Junior

Sorry to post again but i've just read some articles which I think may have helped me put two and two together and may help someone else with hte same issue.

The downstairs litter box is near the window where other cats come past and upset my kitty. If there was another cat near the window and she could see it she may not have wanted to pee in front of it as she was distressed :)

I've jsut moved the box a little and see if she seems happier now when she uses it!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice