Welcome to PetForums

Join thousands of other pet owners and pet lovers on the UK's most popular and friendly pet community and discussion forum.

Cat survives ten hours locked in beer fridge, emerges cold and sober

Discussion in 'Pet News' started by testmg80, Jul 18, 2009.

1. testmg80

testmg80 PetForums VIP

You know what happens when you have a refrigerator dedicated just to holding beer? Yes, you get a lot of jealous friends --- but, more importantly --- you end up drinking one too many cans of the stuff and before you know it, you've gone and done something careless, such as locking the family cat in said fridge!
    Bill Nelson of Warrnambool, Australia, accidentally locked Maisy the cat in his beer fridge on Saturday night, reports the Baltimore Sun.

"I had the whole family over and went out to the shed to get a few beers from the fridge," Nelson told the local Standard. "I didn't think that much of it until the next morning when we couldn't find the cat."

Nelson's daughter, Melanie, 13, was distraught. They searched everywhere, even the shed, but no Maisy.

Then Nelson checked the fridge, carefully opening the door.

To his surprise, there was Maisy, sitting on the bottom shelf. She was not pleased. At all.

"What the heck took you so long?" Maisy hissed, as she walked stiffly past Nelson.

Still, Nelson insists Maisy is one lucky cat. "It might have been a week before I opened the fridge again," Nelson said.

(Really, a whole week without cracking open the beer fridge?)

Maisy is said to be plotting her revenge.
    Maisy_the_cool_cat.jpg
    Maisy the cat and Bill Nelson, owner of the beer fridge
    540076.jpg
    Maisy and her owner, Melanie Nelson, 13

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice